Who we are
Winslade Park is being developed by Burrington Estates Limited (hereafter referred to as ‘we’ or ‘us’ or ‘our’).
Why we collect your information
With your permission, we process your personal information to provide you with our products and services. If you enter into a business discussion with us we may then use your data to meet our legal, statutory and contractual obligations.
We will never collect any unnecessary personal data from you and do not process your information in any way, other than as specified in this policy.
The personal data that we may collect from you is:
- Home Address
- Personal Email
- Business Email
- Home Telephone Number
- Mobile Telephone Number
- Your IP address
- Any other information that you provide to us
How your information is collected
Your information will be collected when you provide it to us and will usually be collected when you visit our website (unless you opt out), either electronically, in writing, or in person (including by phone).
Information you provide to us will be collected:
- When you fill in forms on our website
- When you correspond with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise
- If you register to use the website or the subscription service provided by the website>
Unless you chose not to accept cookies (see below for an explanation) information will collected from your visit to our website, including:
- Your IP Address (an IP address identifies devices on the Internet)
- The type of browser, operating system and device you used to access the website
- The date and time you visited the website
- The pages visited on the website
- If you visited our website from another website, the address of that other website
Some of this information may be stored on your computer in the form of a cookie. This information helps the web server track such things as your preferences and any data you submit while browsing our website. You can remove these cookies by clearing your browser history.
How We Use Your Personal Data
We take your privacy very seriously and will never disclose, share or sell your data without your consent; unless required to do so by law. We only retain your data for as long as is necessary and for the purpose(s) specified in this policy. Where you have consented to us providing you with promotional offers and marketing, you are free to withdraw this consent at any time.
We use your information for the following purposes:
- To provide you with services you have requested or enquired about. Such information will be non-intrusive and is processed on the grounds of legitimate interests
- To keep you informed about relevant developments and news
- To administer the website and for internal operations, including data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to send relevant advertising to you
More specifically we will use your personal information as follows:
- When you send us an enquiry or email the personal details collected from you are stored electronically and can be accessed by us. We will use the information in order to respond to your request or otherwise reply to the subject of the enquiry or email. Remember that email is not necessarily secure against interception. If your communication is very sensitive, you might want to send it by postal mail instead.
- We may also use your contact information to let you know about our products, services, future developments, news, events or special offers which may be of interest to you. Please see the ‘Your Rights’ section below for details about how to unsubscribe from these communications.
- When you register on our website we will use the information to provide you with information on the properties and/or developments which you are interested in. We may also use your contact information to let you know about our other products, services, future developments, news, events or special offers which match your criteria or which may be of interest to you. You can change your contact preferences at any time by logging back into your account.
- When you read or download information from our website (IP addresses and cookies) we will collect and store information collected from cookies for statistical purposes. We may use this information to provide you with a more personal service and assist in analysing website traffic and usage. This information does not identify you personally unless you register or make an enquiry with us, at which point we will combine it with the other information collected about you and use it for the purposes noted above.
You have the right to access any personal information that we process about you and to request information about:
- What personal data we hold about you
- The purposes of the processing
- The categories of personal data concerned
- The recipients to whom the personal data has/will be disclosed
- How long we intend to store your personal data for
- If we did not collect the data directly from you, information about the source
You have the right to:
- Ask us to correct/complete any incomplete or inaccurate information you believe we may hold, which we will strive to do as quickly as possible unless we believe there is a valid reason for not doing, in which case you will be notified
- Request erasure of your personal data or to restrict processing (where applicable) in accordance with the data protection laws
- Object to any direct marketing from us, in which case we will remove you from our marketing lists
- Data portability of your information (where applicable)
- To be informed about any automated decision-making we may use
Our designated Data Protection Officer can be contacted at Burrington Estates Ltd, Dean Clarke House, Southernhay East, Exeter, EX1 1AP or via email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
If we receive a request from you to exercise any of the above rights, we may ask you to verify your identity before acting on the request. This is to ensure that your data is protected and kept secure.
Sharing and Disclosing Your Personal Information
We may appoint suppliers, sub-contractors or agents to assist us in managing or using your data (refer to the section above) and in order to provide you with other services that you request. Examples of such services include following up on enquiries made by you, providing further information on our products and arranging appointments, or in connection with reservation/purchase on our properties and/or developments. Accordingly, we may pass on your personal information to group companies or to any of our approved suppliers, sub-contractors or agents for these purposes.
Examples of the kind of third parties we work with are:
- IT companies who support our website and other business systems
- Direct marketing companies who help us manage our electronic and printed communications with you
- Google/Facebook to show you products that might interest you while you’re browsing the internet
- Independent Financial Advisors (for limited pre-reservation purposes)
- National House-Building Council (NHBC); our warranty and insurance provider</span
We take your privacy seriously and take every reasonable measure and precaution to protect and secure your personal data. We work hard to protect you and your information from unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction and have several layers of security measures in place.
Transfers Outside the EU
We utilise some products or services (or parts of them) that may be hosted/stored in non-EU countries, which means that we may transfer any information which is submitted by you through the website outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) for the below purposes:
- Our email marketing tool – Mailchimp.com
- Our Customer Relationship Management software – Insightly.com
The personal information you submit may therefore be stored on servers which are hosted in non-EU countries. Where this is the case, we have ensured that those providers use the necessary level of protection for your information and abide by strict agreements and measures set out by the ICO to protect your data and comply with the relevant data protection laws.
Consequences of Not Providing Your Data
You are not obligated to provide your personal information to us, however, as this information is required for us to provide you with our services/deliver your products/legitimate interests, we will not be able to offer some/all our services without it.
How Long We Keep Your Data
We only ever retain personal information for as long as is necessary and we have strict review and retention policies in place to meet these obligations. Where we have entered into a contractual obligation we are required under UK tax law to keep your basic personal data (name, address, contact details) for a minimum of 6 years, after which time it will be destroyed.
Where you have consented to us using your details for direct marketing, we will keep such data until you notify us otherwise or withdraw your consent.
Lodging A Complaint
Data Protection Officer
Burrington Estates Ltd
Dean Clarke House
Exeter, EX1 1AP
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority, at:
First Contact Team
Information Commissioner’s Office